Odd-Even II begins today: Key points to remember
The Odd-Even II will again be implemented for 15 days, starting from April 15 and will continuing till April 30.
The AAP government is all set to repeat its successful odd-even formula albeit in phases, for a short period. The Odd-Even II will again be implemented for 15 days, starting from today, April 15, till April 30.
Here are all the key points you need to remember this time:
- Odd-Even II scheme starts on April 15 and will continue till April 30
- The scheme is based on the last digit in the number plates
- Cars with odd number plates will be allowed on roads on dates ending with an odd number
- Cars with even number plates will be allowed on roads on dates ending with an even number
- Odd-Even II will be applicable between 8 am and 8 pm, six days a week
- Sundays are free for plying all vehicles
- As per the reports, the second phase of odd-even will not apply on women and 2-wheelers
- All CNG vehicles too have been excused from rule. However, the CNG vehicles need to get a sticker from an IGL centre
- VIP cars, embassy and high commission vehicles, and emergency service vehicles too have been exempted.
- If caught breaking rules, you will be penalised with as much as Rs 2,000
- Public service buses are to be deployed in greater number
- Delhi Metro is also expected to increase frequency